Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train station car park

Options
  • 27-11-2023 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

Have been using this of late. Am very surprised that it is quite full in the very early morning. Are they all on the 5:30 train! They have apparently closed off a section that went along the track. What are they doing with that doe anyone know? Also very tight. No discernable markings with cars parked asreways everywhere. Very dark at some points. Big puddles of water when raining making it even tighter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Which station?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Ceannt station car park. It fills up very early all right. I have reason to use it about once a fortnight. Agree it's a bit of a mess. Although any space I've got there has been marked. Around the middle of it is a bit of a free for all, that's probably what you're referring to. You seem to be allowed to 'throw it in there anywhere as long as you don't block someone in'. Still have to buy a ticket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Was there a few days ago. Parked in the early morning (many cars there ) and on returning to Galway I was almost blocked in by one car parked at the very edge. The person in front of me in a smaller car could not get around it (so that meant that I couldn't get around it.) We both had to reverse and eventually escaped. God knows how. The place at the back is quite dark as well.

I went to to the security hut but there was nobody there.

Later on I called APCOA (this was after 7pm I have to say) but the voice message kept saying someone will be with you shortly. I sent an email via their website to find out what their contact opening hours were as I felt they had all gone home -so why have a message saying they will be with you shortly!

The security fellow with whom I spoke a few weeks previous to this told me that the APCOA van who do the clamping only come there infrequently. I have never seen a car clamped there. It is utter chaos.

Does anyone know if the Cathedral car park (not the car park insode the walls) but the main open one is an APCOA car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rustyfrog

No the cathedral car park is city council so it'll just be the council parking wardens. You'll get a ticket rather than get clamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Anybody know about the APCOA car park (not Dyke road car park) on the Headford Road? Early morning (and indeed evening too) is it as chaotic as the station? Or as packed? I see there are dedicated parking lines unlike the station but other than that any chance of being blocked in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm guessing the multistorey with the exit out onto the Bus Éireann side of Ceantt is too expensive or closes at an inconvenient time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I didn't even think that closed but I do recall it was expensive.

Advertisement