Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad workmanship and charged well

Options
  • 27-11-2023 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a leak in the garage door of my Motorhome. Brought it to a so called professional he repaired the rot in the door but didn't fix the leak .I didn't bring it back as it was obvious he was a cowboy. Brought it to a main dealer who adjusted the catches and said it was ok but would eventually need a bew door. The door is still leaking into the boot after 500 euro spent .As far as my research goes it is leaking in around the seam where the alluminium joins the frame of the door so I'm going to take this apart and reseal it .I have replaced the seal around where the door closes and sealed the handles .My main reason for posting here is frustration at cowboy workmanship. This is my third experience of it and I'm not new to owning a camper but this behavior is getting worse ,no pride in the work or concern for the customer. Rant over but it's good to have somewhere tovent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I think this is part of owning a camper, my 91 camper had a leak around a rubber seal on window, took me weeks to find it as the water was showing somewhere else. I've sealed it with tec 7 and hope for best. Could replace the seal or use silicone oil to soften it a bit. Apply some every 5 days till it soaks in. You also need to be clear with repair places, tell them you want the seals looked at and replaced even it it cost more. I'd also not wait for rain to check it, throw a hose on it it and any signs of a leak go straight back.

Advertisement