Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Estate Septic serious problems

Options
  • 27-11-2023 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,715 ✭✭✭✭

There's a new estate nearby that's not fully finished, probably 95 percent done. 1st phases has been finished about 3 years. The planning permission allowed for a large septic tank within the application as theres a capacity issue in town plant (soon to be resolved).

Saw the tanks go in at the time large plastic 2 part tanks. Multiple ones always thought it looked fairly shoddy but I'm not a civil engineer so thats opinion.

However I've noticed through fairly average nose that the place stinks to high heaven when passing by in a car with windows up. It usually far worse after rain. My assumption is now that either the units are faulty or that when built someone plumbed ground water or roofs from the houses into the main septic feeds. It's just too smelly and regular.

The estate I believe was acquired by the LA or at least part owned by them. Having complained previously about a year ago I think they fobbed off with the tanks need to be emptied. This seems far more serious fault or installation gaps. It's also on a sloping valley and 300-400 metres to a large river.

Who does one complain to for this type of setup. I think it needs a serious inspection and probably serious remedy .

Comments

Advertisement