Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results Access

Options
  • 27-11-2023 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Are all past leaving cert results held on a database that current teachers have access to ? For example , if someone did their LC in 2010 could a teacher look them up to see their results now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

No but the school you attended probably has them on file. Failing this, you'd have to contact the SEC and pay for a copy of the certificate, assuming they're your own results.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynnington3

Thanks for that . But what I was really wondering is if a current teacher could decide to look up anyones results , would they have access to this either online or at the physical school . I know someone preparing to do teacher practice who was (perhaps jokingly) saying they would look up their old classmates results which I thought was unethical and against data protection

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

That's not a thing. Even for students I personally taught last year, they're hard to get access to.

Advertisement