Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque in US Dollars - How to lodge?

Options
  • 26-11-2023 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a cheque in US Dollars that I want to put into my account. Can I just lodge it using an ATM with Lodgement option or will the cheque reader get confused by the US Dollar aspect of it?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It might be an idea to check out how much they will charge you for processing it first. For instance I see one bank stating that they charge €15.20 per cheque and a further €8.88 if for any reason payment is refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭phormium

I would say you'll need to take that physically into a bank as foreign ex cheques are usually sent for collection and not lodged directly, the costs of doing that may outweigh the value! If it's a big cheque fine but if it's 10 dollars from aunty something in US to kid then unlikely to even be worth lodging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Credit union if you have an account

Advertisement