Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Ireland mobile in UK

Options
  • 25-11-2023 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

We are visiting the UK and our Virgin Mobile phone won't register with O2 or any other network over here.

The message "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network" comes up for all networks we choose.

Is there something we should have done before leaving Ireland or something we can do now that we are here?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

same here with tesco mobile not working in the uk it seems these networks only like working in ireland moved to eir now working perfect in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

I solved my problem...

Previously, I had reset the phone to factory because of issues. In doing so I had inadvertently erased the Virgin set up. I downloaded the set up from the Virgin website and a new icon appeared in the list of apps. This app allows me to swap between international and national for roaming purposes and also sets up data and internet.

When in the UK I have to manually select Vodafone as the network and then all works fine.

On returning to Ireland I have to go into the app and choose national again.

No problems since.

Advertisement