Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is sampling?

Options
  • 24-11-2023 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Ok, bit of a story...

My son has autism and the associated very narrow interest range, practically nothing. He recently mentioned sampling. I thought great and told him to look up what is needed and I will get it for him. He didn't, just left it. His therapist advised that if we were prepared to take a financial gamble we could get the equipment, put it in front of him and see if he will engage with it. No problem with that.

So what would I need to get? And what basically is sampling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Just reading what I posted I'm not looking for sampling equipment for or more suited to a person with autism, just your everyday gear that anyone would use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Out of nowhere he came back to me and said he wants FL Studio. Anyone any experience of this? A number of versions cost approx €100 - 500. Of course he wants the most expensive.

Would anyone advise on which version to buy? Any tips generally for someone who doesn't know what they are doing (me)?

Advertisement