Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Salmon farm kenmare

Options
  • 23-11-2023 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I read today that a 15 pen salmon farm has applied for permission to set up in kenmare Bay.

Other countries are banning salmon farming and we are expanding.

I really don't think this government give a **** about the environment or the impact it will have on wild fish.

This will also have a big effect on tourism and jobs in the area.

This really needs to be stopped. I was reading recently that kenmare bay is fished out of it for sprat. Sprat is then used to feed the farmed fish.

How people eat that farmed **** is beyond me. Medicated fish full of lice **** all over one another. Doesn't even look or taste like a wild fish.

I'm not from the area but maybe some from down there could let me know if there is anything going to be done to try and stop it.

Advertisement