Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabling Trend Micro AI protection on ASUS Wireless router and privacy concerns

Options
  • 23-11-2023 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi, I have an ASUS Wireless router that has AI Protection by Trend Micro. I also have OPEN VPN client installed and activated on the router.

Would my web browsing details like browsing history, downloads etc be accessible to TrendMicro or ASUS? When I contacted ASUS support, I was told that the data wont be accessible to TrendMicro. But without accessing the browsing data that is currently accessed, how would the TrendMicro AI Protection protect my network and devices on it?

If I have privacy concerns should I disable the AI Protection on the router?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Here is a good article about Trend Micro Ai Protection:

https://www.mbreviews.com/trend-micro-aiprotection-asus/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

If you are concerned about your privacy I would advise turning it off. The content of HTTPS/TLS encrypted sites will not be visible to them, but the URL's(the web address) will be. So, they wouldn't be able to see any videos you've been looking at, but if you were to stumble upon www.prawnhub.com/Debbie-does-it-in-Dallas they'd have an idea of what you were looking at.

I'm very dubious about companies who advertise their services as being smart. I used to work for a company doing malware analysis, and according to its marketing documentation, you would swear they had a tame version of Skynet analysing Malware. The reality was there were two indians, an Italian and me doing the "smart analysis".

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

Many Thanks...

Advertisement