Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Pricing - When Is Too Late To Book?

Options
  • 23-11-2023 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Looking at SNN to Krakow in early January. Two weeks ago return flight (no bags) was €280, €600 last weekend, €400 today. Is the current price based on remaining seats that have to be sold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

theres obviously masive demand for those flights (presumably there in the 1st week of jan) which are not daily compared to twice a day from Dublin for just €30.

No idea why theres demand. Possibly families going back after christmas but theres also skiing near-ish Krakow and skiiers seem to have bottomless pockets - fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

It's only too late to book when the flight has sold out :) But don't expect the prices to come down in that period.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Krakow in general is expensive to fly to even out of Dublin unless your happy to fly out in the evening and get there later in the night, not ideal if your a tourist as you lose the day.

Thursday morning also seems the most expensive I've found as I'm also keeping an eye on flights for next year.

Regarding the fluctuating prices, I've heard Ryanair do tend to do this but only with newly released flights and then drop the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Do a dummy booking & see how many seats are still available to purchase ( think most people bar maybe solo travellers tend to purchase in order to sit together ) if not many left then the chance of a price drop is lower, you can put your travel dates into airhint.com, I’ve found them pretty accurate in the past, they’ll email if price rises or falls

Advertisement