Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension question

Options
  • 23-11-2023 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, regular poster using a throwaway account for this post.

I started a new job earlier this year. There were a few little red flags and I was a bit wary but the job description was practically written for me, they pursued me and I got what I thought was a good offer from them.

No pension was included but I have a personal PRSA which I contribute to myself so my plan was to continue with that. When I joined, I sent the details of the PRSA to the payroll guy, money came out of my wages monthly and I thought no more of it. A few months down the line it came to my attention that none of this money was arriving into my PRSA. I spoke with my broker, he gave me the forms for the accountant and me to fill in and advised them how to make a lump sum transfer to get things up to date. He spoonfed them the info in a very simple manner, there was no room for error. They got the monthly DD set up and it has been working since. However the month that they got it working properly, I was given a bonus some of which was to go to the PRSA as well. The bonus money and back payment of the months when money came out of my wages but didn't appeared anywhere else have still not been repaid.

I have been in touch with the third party accountant who does the payroll, I never any response from him. I have made the CEO aware of it and he promised it would be sorted straight away. That was almost 2 months ago. I have sent a reminder email to both today and also have sent a query to the pensions authority but can anyone think of anything else I can do? I work remotely so can't just nab the CEO in the office about it.

There are other indications that cash flow is an issue at the company and I am planning an exit strategy for the new year but I want to get all of this sorted before I am handing in my notice. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Post edited by Jim2007 on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I can't advise on the pension issue but if I were you I'd also be checking that all my PAYE, USC and PRSI deductions actually made it to Revenue. It's not unheard of for companies with cashflow issues to divert this money back into the business.

Advertisement