Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants for a nature reserve

Options
  • 23-11-2023 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello everyone! I have 14-16 acres of wetlands. There is also a little bit of forestry in there too. Plenty of wildlife. I would prefer to leave it as is in order preserve the wildlife. That said, I wish to try buy a house at some stage & would like to make some sort of income from the land to help me to do so.

I am wondering, are there any grants available to help conserve it & keep it biodiverse?

Many thanks in advance!

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭HazeDoll

The Native Tree Area Scheme. It's available to non-farmers and it might work for you. You're never going to get rich supporting biodiversity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kniamh707

Thank you @HazeDoll I will look into it! I have a feeling you are quite right on that ;) But anything @ all would help!

Advertisement