Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel delivery time from Ireland to Australia?

Options
  • 22-11-2023 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've prepared a Christmas gift parcel for my boyfriend who is in Australia (Adelaide if that makes any difference) and I'm just wondering should I send it now or would it arrive too soon? I've seen some people say that it takes 7-10 days for parcels to get there and I don't want it to arrive TOO early. I would much prefer if it arrived the week before or the week of Christmas. That being said, is it better safe then sorry to send it now just in case it gets inspected? I've read that process can take a couple weeks. There's chocolate and crisps in the parcel along with some other non-edible little bits. No liquids or anything like that though. I've never sent anything to Australia before and I know this time of the year can be rather dubious for posting things in general so any advice would be great! Also... I have the €9 parcel box from An Post that carries 2 KG so I think that is just standard unless I pay extra for shipping?

Advertisement