Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest thermostat help

Options
  • 22-11-2023 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello All, I have nest thermostat and since Sunday the hot water zone hasn't been working properly, it seems to be firing up the boiler but it only fires up one or twice and then stops. The heating function seems to be working fine and the boiler was serviced less than a month ago and is only 4 years old. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this?

I'm thinking we had some sort of power issue on Sunday as our internet has been acting up a bit also but I'm wondering if whatever caused that issue may have caused an issue with the nest. Any help appreciated

Answers

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Problem probably isn't the nest since the heating zone is working OK on the same thermostat, I'd say you need to check the motorised valve that controls the hot water zone. Probably in your hot press somewhere, each zone should have its own valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

Hi Mickeroo

Thanks for that.What would I need to do with the valve to check it? Its on auto now. I toggled it to manual and it seemed to flow and moved it back. It seems to be flowing now. Hopefully that sorts it might have just been seized

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No bother, I'm no expert with that side of things but I would have said to do exactly what you've done there to make sure it's not seized or anything. Does it seem to be heating the water now and the boiler not cutting out?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

Ya it heated a tank of water there, seems to be sorted for now, so thanks for that. I'll get the plumber to look at it the next time he's passing.

No problem, glad to hear it's sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement