Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAI €600 grant paid out to another account not mine

Options
  • 22-11-2023 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Has this happened to anyone else,

I got solar panels and ev car charger installed and got the appropriate approvals from SEAI prior to installation. Installation done , solar grant received and in myaccount.

Chasing the car grant they said it was paid out 26th Oct so I waited and waited. Rang them yesterday and we realised that the €600 was paid out to another account not my account. I only have one current account ( live alone) and the account number they have issued the grant to is nothing Similar to mine ( ie not one digit out completely different and the account it’s in drogheda) my account is in cork city. I filled out the payment form once I was requesting the grant but the IBAN and account details that they have mean nothing to me, as above I only have one account.

They sent me out a change of mandate form asking for my bank details and confirming that I did not receive the grant which I signed and sent back.

It has now been escalated to the finance department and could take time to resolve they said - months

What are my chances getting this grant ? Surely it should be an easy fix or am I being naive?

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

You're not responsible for them waiting to get the money back. If you can show you gave the correct details then you getting the money and them getting the other back are two different things.

They'll make you think otherwise and you may have to get all complainy, but you can get it quicker.

I had a similar thing with a different company, not the grant. Once I stood my ground they stopped telling me I have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Thanks but I don’t have the payment form as I filled it on their portal so I don’t have details of it in my side.

she said the screenshot she sent me is the number I filled in but I never saw these bank details before , it’s all very confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Do a freedom of information request for all your data. Either their system is buggy, or the person you were dealing with is lying/incompetent. There will be a digital copy of the form you filled in.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You also may have been hacked/phished.

Advertisement