Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dismembered body, no foul play suspected?

Options
  • 21-11-2023 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

This is a very sad story, Emmy Award winning Irish filmmaker Ross McDonnell has been missing. Now a dismembered body has been found, but news reports say no foul play is suspected - how can that be?

Body recovered by police thought to be that of missing Irish filmmaker in New York https://jrnl.ie/6228209

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Drowning, animal interference. Its not all clear cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Because dismembered =/= chopped up by a person. Could have been wildlife, could have been a boat propeller, we don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Wild animals I'd suspect would be responsible for the body being dismembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Not all outlets referring to dismemberment so maybe leave the macabre details be.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What a weird thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I read that click baity news article today and wondered wtf as well. Obviously I wasnt the only one who was curious, because I clicked in here to see what the answer was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Drowned. Propellers on motor boats . Ferries. Wildlife. Washing up on rocks in choppy conditions.

In the movies a body washes up intact but unfortunately this is real life. RIP to that man and condolences to his loved ones. We never know on any given day what will happen.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,322 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted

Please show some respect and do not speculate. Family members and/or friends could be reading this thread

Any questions please PM me - do not respond to this post in thread

Advertisement