Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help.

Options
  • 20-11-2023 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I am reasonably proficient on my Samsung tablet, and the Internet. However, I am experiencing major issues, with just one problem. When purchasing from a seller online, it quite often requests my bank verification, which I am OK with, the issue is that I cannot seem to get back to the sellers page, to complete the transaction. I just cannot retrieve it. Please someone tell me what I need to do, it is driving me mad. Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Is the web page you are looking for in your browser's history?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi!

How are you validating the bank transaction? Are you opening the banking website to validate the transaction in the tablet browser or on an the banking app on your phone?

Are you proficient with opening multiple browser windows on the tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Try an alternate browser. So for e.g. if you were using Samsung Internet browser app try Chrome or Microsoft Edge instead.

I often have this issue on my laptop and doing the same always fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,400 ✭✭✭✭kippy

To be fair to the poster this is something I run in to regularly on my android phone.

Once you authorise and try to go back to the original page it has timed out/the verification screen is gone.

I've not had any joy in using either the default browser on the phone or android. The issue appears consistent across at least one site to the point that I don't use that site on the phone if I am buying something.

Would be interesting to know if others have this issue and where the root cause is, the site itself, the browser or some other combination of variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Need to use the multitasking UI to switch back. Navigating back to the app manually will not get you back to the spawned intent.

On Pixel its a swipe up, not sure on Samsung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yes, if you have the nav icons at the bottom of the screen then tap the square to see the open apps and switch back to the app from there. If you don’t have the nav icons you must have navigation gestures set up. Do a long swipe up from the bottom of the screen.

Advertisement