Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expansion vessel but no pressure gauge

Options
  • 20-11-2023 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have an expansion vessel in my hot press but I can't find a pressure gauge near the boiler or near the vessel. It's not a combi boiler and there is only one storage tank for water in the attic. I've watched YouTube videos about how the system should be installed so this is unusual to me but most of the videos are UK plumbers so maybe it's different in the UK. Any advice on this? I was planning to drain down the system to fix a rad half hanging off the wall.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

What is your water source.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 18 VDFUser22

It's mains

Also the immersion tank only has 3 pipes. One at top and then two near the bottom. The gas also heats the water so shouldn't there be 4? Flow, return, and then cold in and hot out?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

You need to get a gauge fitted, so perhaps the fitter can explain your unusual cylinder piping.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Found the gauge. It was pointing up at the ceiling over the boiler near the mag cleaner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement