Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school rejection

Options
  • 20-11-2023 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello

Looking for advice please. My daughter was not offered a place in secondary school and placed on a waiting list. All of her friends received places. Shes extremely upset and distressed over it.

Should I appeal to the Board of Management? If the Board of Management reject the appeal, would this affect her chances on the wait list?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Do you know where she is on the wait list? Not every student offered a place will accept a place so she could get an offer on round 2. Lots of kids end up only being offered places at the end of the school year.

I wouldnt see the point in appealing tbh. She hasnt been offered a place because there isn't currently a place to offer her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Under what grounds would you appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Appeal to the board of management in writing.

Do it soon.

It will not affect your child re the waiting list.

Advertisement