Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

automatic gates

Options
  • 20-11-2023 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering any recommendations on automatic gates ?

I have yet to knock the ditch where it will be going, so open to ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭embracingLife

What exactly do you want to know? Are you planning to fit them yourself? There's 2 types - underground motor and surface mounted arms. Swing gates and sliding.

What's your plan? Are you installing yourself or getting some else to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

can open the gap in the ditch and dig and pour the foundations myself, and will get a friend to build the walls. After that I am open to suggestions. Price and quality/reliability. Swing gates would suit better. Just trying to get an idea on what it might cost and will go from there !!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭embracingLife

Ok. There's a poster on here with username Gate Automation who appears to be an electronic gate installer, you should ask him. I think he posts in the electrical forum as that's where a lot of the electric gates threads are.

Advertisement