Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did Ireland side with the EU and vote to renew Glyphosate's licence for another 10 years

Options
  • 19-11-2023 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭

Glyphosate, is a dangerous herbicide which might be more familiar to you as Roundup. It has been proven to cause the cancer Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, a chronic blood cancer. Which means it can't be cured just managed. The reason why I know a lot about this is because I have Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and I am shocked that the Irish Government voted to go along with the EU and allow its licence to be renewed for another 10 years.

More info on Roundup and the latest court case about it can be found below

Here is a list of the countries that have already banned Roundup.

• Malawi
    • Thailand
    • Vietnam (Vietnam’s move to ban glyphosate contaminated imports drew criticism from U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue.) 
    • Sri Lanka
    • Oman
    • Kuwait
    • United Arab Emirates
    • Bahrain
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    • Bermuda
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • France
    • Italy
    • The Netherlands

Germany is banning Roundup next year, so why haven't we banned it and why did the Irish Government vote with the EU to renew its licence?

Comments

Advertisement