Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage to rent - Social housing limits

Options
  • 19-11-2023 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hi everyone

apologies in advance. First time to post

myself and my ex partner have a mortgage which was sold to pepper. I work full time my son is currently 18 in his last year of school.

My mortgage interest rate is currently 8.5%. I live in a county where I have no family or friends. Myself and my son’s life is basically in Dublin. I was advised that mortgage to rent was the best possibility. I was just at the social housing limit ( well I thought until I was informed that my pension is classed as savings) I am currently 5k over the limit for Louth. Any other options available to me does not suit as it stands I can’t even afford anything life let alone the up keep of the house. My credit rating is now Fecked.My option for is to sell but there is nothing to rent in Dublin as we all know . Whatever there is to rent I’d have 139 left a week to pay all my bills after I’d pay rent . I would currently be 300 euro a year over for Dublin social housing.

Im looking to see if anyone is in the same boat and could provide any advice ?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,832 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is there any chance of dialling down your income until you get into the social housing tenancy, ey dropping back to 4 days a week for three months? Or is the problem just the amount you gave saved?

Advertisement