Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas pudding recipes

Options
  • 19-11-2023 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

Trying my own (my mam's traditional recipe from donkeys ago) albeit missing some details.

It's recommended to leave the mix overnight but doesn't say whether in fridge or at room temperature? I've seen it said to leave the dried fruits marinading at room temperature and another recipe say to leave the lot overnight before cooking it. So i have the full mix done and qm not sure where to leave it overnight. No dairy in it but suet and eggs.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Kathnora

No need to leave it in the fridge. A cool area like a utility room is fine. Also no need to marinate the fruit overnight as leaving the complete pudding mix overnight like you intend to do is sufficient for the fruit to absorb all the alcohol. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

Thanks. Now, how long to simmer the pudding for ? Getting so many conflicting recipe methods.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Pressure cooker comes in handy here…….fraction of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yeah, I think my mother used to use the pressure cooker for them - until she didn't have one anymore and then just used a saucepan.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭sdp

Got an pressure cooker this year, have been doing them in the oven last few years. Be very interested in knowing your method, have looked at a few online, seem to steam first. do you do that? Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement