Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time work for a 16 year old male

Options
  • 19-11-2023 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Finding it hard to find part-time work for my oldest 16 in transition year live in rural Ireland, tried a few places but not much interested in taking on a 16 year old when they seem to be loads of non nationals out there very willing and able to get stuck in, it would be nice for him and us to get something for the Christmas so he could have his own few quid for Christmas, any ideas folk's greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Just came across this - just to say a lot of places (especially larger companies) are reluctant to take on people under 18 as there are specific issues around insurance etc relating to them. Also the number of hours they can work & the payroll aspect of it if the job is a minimum wage as the minimum wage under 18 is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Overdehils

Well to be honest, as an employer, I would prefer a young person to approach me for a job rather than their mum or dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Danny healy ray

put an add on done deal farming young lad looking for work in your area

the lad should have plenty of work and should be a good experience for him

no experience required wants he was looking to get stuck into it

Advertisement