Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently Imported

Options
  • 19-11-2023 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I bought a vehicle from a pretty sketchy dealership today. It has had new NCT and tax done last week and a Irish reg plate. On the vehicle certificate it says it was imported two weeks ago from Japan which he did not mention and my fault for not checking. When I go to insurance sites it says the vehicle can not be found. When I check NCT and tax the car is listed online. Is this normal? Could I potentially be on the hook for any import fees and will getting insurance be trouble. I did a greenlight check and everything came back fine apart from the import date not matching what is on the vehicle registration certificate. Any help is appreciated.

Post edited by martyhogan on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

You won't be on the hook for any import fees if the car is already registered... the dealership took care of that.

The issue of not finding it on Insurance company systems is probably a lag between their database and the one from Shannon but I don't know how long that would take to resolve. You may, however, have difficulty insuring it anyway as I know some companies frown upon Japanese imports.

Advertisement