Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self harm, suicide ideations, depression, anxiety.

Options
  • 18-11-2023 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Sorry for the vague title.

I just picked a few subjects that most people feel uncomfortable talking about as it relates to my ultimate question.

I've been finding myself loosing contact with my friends.

For example I have self harm scars, but always hide them.

However I've been distancing myself from social interactions out of fear of someone seeing the scars, let alone the conversations that could arise from it.

I don't want to deal with judgementation from others, while at the same time I don't want to put others in that awkward situation.

So basically I'm looking for friends who understand these things.

Friends who you can talk to about any random stuff, but if the conversation does lean towards mental health, there is a layer of understanding.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for support groups or for people to offload my issues onto.

Simply put, I'm looking for friends, where if the conversation does sway towards mental health, it doesn't result in judgement and awkwardness.

Are there any groups, get togethers or social circles for people with mental health issues?

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement