Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Smoke and cutting out

Options
  • 18-11-2023 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

VW Passat 1.6ltr tdi - having issues starting the car. Massive amount of white smoke and then it cuts out. Only stays on if I revv the **** out of it to start. Took it to a mechanic and he can’t seem to find the issue. Any ideas? He ran it through a computer, shows zero faults. Replaced fuel filter, battery, and coolant sensor. Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?

oil levels topped up, head gasket sound, fuel injectors and sensors working as they should.

Bought a VW Passat 2011 1month ago from a dealership up the country. (Pack of cowboys). Car came with a 1 year warranty, issues arose straight away and whenever I contact them the number I call from gets blocked

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Those particular engines have a lot of injector problems these days, very easy to take the 4 out and get tested .that's what I'd say .strangely they won't bring on the engine light .probably need 3 if not 4.

Advertisement