Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I never did outdoor Christmas lights before at home, I would like to try this year

Options
  • 18-11-2023 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I never tried outside Christmas lights before but I would like to try this year. I don't have an external power point. I think I would prefer battery operated lights instead of trailing a cord and plug in through a window.

How are outdoor lights hung up. I had a look outside my front door. I don't fancy climbing up high to hand clips on the gutters so that option is out. I don't like heights and I struggle on a step ladder.

I have outside bushes and trees. I could hand some lights around the outside trees.

However I think I would like the lights to be on the house. To be around the door and windows.

Is there anyway to hang of the concrete window shapes outside? Or will I have to make do with hanging lights of the trees outside?

Any help would be great and thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Honest advice is don't bother with battery pack lights, they're not as bright as plug in ones. Command strips and decoration hooks on the house will hold them in place for you, we're still using our command decoration hooks from 3 years ago.

Advertisement