Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost watch

Options
  • 18-11-2023 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi guys, I know this is an absolute one in a million shot in the dark, but last Sunday at the kilkenny car boot sale my father lost his Rolex Air king date just. I think he might have tried on another watch and walked off without it, or didn't clasp it together again and it fell off the wrist. He has had it close to 40 years, and I'm just wondering if there is anywhere I could check to see if maybe someone had found it and put up for sale. Tried done deal, chrono24, watch finder, called the car boot lost and found, tried the guarda station in the area, all no luck, so just hoping for a Christmas miracle on this one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah no, really sorry to hear, that's bloody awful.

Worth keeping an eye on adverts.ie too if you haven't got that on your list.

I usually check watch ads on all the sites on a regular basis, if I see one pop up I'll let you know.

Does he have the serial number by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

Yes he still has every single piece of paper and box from the dealer he bought from, I had forgot about adverts thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Insurance?

Not your ornery onager

Yeah he has it, which is good, but it just won't cover the loss of the watch, he is into watches, and it means a thousand times more than any cover from the insurance unfortunately, on his wrist everyday, hard to replace, thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

That's tough. Maybe go back there tomorrow and retrace his steps, ask around as you go. Maybe even offer a reward.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

We searched everywhere, ripped the garage apart, the attic, the car, the whole house over the last month and unfortunately came to nothing. As if it was written in the stars for a Christmas miracle, this morning my father pickled up a jacket he only uses every so often, and what was in the pocket, the lost watch. The clasp had come open while his hand was in it and must have slipped off, we think, anyway we are more than delighted, it is the best Christmas present I could have asked for, merry Christmas everyone, I can't believe these things can actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Well, that is a true miracle!

Glad it turned out all right for you.

I know a guy who had an Air King and left it on the tray at the metal detectors in an airport. It did not come back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Homer

either leave it on preferably or put it in a zipped jacket pocket when going through x ray. Kept my explorer II on twice today going to the states and no issues with metal detectors thankfully

Advertisement