Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB CLICK CREDIT CARD CASH ADVANCE FEE

Options
  • 17-11-2023 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My Click card is in credit so can anyone tell me (if they’ve obtained the answer already) why AIB have charged a fee on money which is mine when I withdrew some.

Post edited by Jim2007 on

Answers

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

It's here: https://aib.ie/content/dam/aib/personal/docs/our-products/credit-cards/click-visa-card/Click-SECCI-for-portal.pdf

"Cash Advance Fee 1.5% of the transaction value or €1.90 whichever is greater. (The Cash Advance Fee will apply for accounts in debit and in credit)."

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lakeslady

Hi Spocker, thanks for replying but with respect, that only repeats the official AIB blurb but doesn’t tell me why.

Ive now submitted a formal complaint asking the bank how it justifies penalizing a cash withdrawal on what is my money, not the bank’s.

Well see what happens……

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Having a credit card in credit is actually not a good idea - if you are subject to any fraud your credit funds if lost would not be refunded whereas costs to the bank are usually written off.

I guess they incur charges and so pass that on - I don't imagine a complaint will go anywhere if its in their T&C's - maybe, a goodwill refund if you have a good enough account with them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You are an adult and society assumes you are capable of acting in your own best interests. And as such you agreed to the terms and conditions set out in the document referenced above, if you did not understand those terms or are unhappy with them, then your only option is to terminate the agreement in accordance with the terms and conditions you signed up to.

Making a complaint that the bank is operating the facilities in accordance with the terms and conditions you agreed to will go no where.

Closing this thread as it serves no useful purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement