Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling house to council

Options
  • 17-11-2023 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of selling a house to the council and was wondering if anyone did this or know how it usually goes? Is it straight forward? Does it take long?

This is the scheme:

https://www.donegalcoco.ie/services/housing/land%20&%20property/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im not really familiar with the scheme but if the house and site are all in good working order with clean title Id imagine there shouldnt be much of a hold up. However the Council depends on central government for funding to assist with these projects so the available funds might be an issue. Then again perhaps the funds have already been provided.

Id suggest you talk to one of your local Councillors about it as they are briefed by the council executive on these matters. They could probably give you a good bit of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Cheers. Hadn't thought about talking to a councillor. They should set me straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

I'd take a look at the accommodation forum, several threads there on same subject - people giving their various experiences, may give you some idea of what to expect.

Advertisement