Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer crochet teacher needed (1+ hours))

Options
  • 17-11-2023 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello! I am starting a knitting and crochet group, for the elderly with COPE. COPE run events throughout the week so elderly people, especially the recently bereaved, can meet up and to avoid people becoming isolated.

We started the group and turns out we all know how to knit but are very rusty on our crochet! However most of the group want to crochet.

We are also making some hats, blankets etc for the children at the cancer ward in Crumlin (as well as our own personal projects) and they prefer crochet blankets so it would really help with that. (There are eight to ten of us)

So this is my plea!... Would anyone like to come over to us to update our skills? Even just for an hour! The more the merrier!

We meet at the SONAS centre in Mervue, Galway at 2pm on Wednesday for tea and knitting (and crocheting-ish). We can organise another time if that would be better for interested person/people.

Kind regards, 

Mod: Johanna, I've removed your email address for security/privacy reasons. If anyone is interested, please send her a PM.

Post edited by New Home on

Advertisement