Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scabies

Options
  • 17-11-2023 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, my teenage son started itching during the summer, gradually got more intense. I, in my naivety, thought it was an allergy to washing detergents. Took to doc for a blood test and when he saw the rash he diagnosed scabies. He treated using Lyclear cream. 1st dose 3 weeks ago, 2nd dose week after. Itching intensified but rash has pretty much disappeared. I assumed because it takes time for dead mites to exfoliate? Still itching but not so much at night now, getting good sleep. The odd spot appears then disappears a day or 2 later. How long should the itching last? I did the whole washing bed linen, clothing, towels etc at 50 degrees then tumble drying. I put quilt and pillows in dryer. Hoovered mattress and went over it with a steam iron at hottest temp. Hoovered furniture.

Advertisement