Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Warnings, infractions and shenanigans.

Options
  • 16-11-2023 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

In the Thread " The trial of Molly Martens" there were apparently allegations of someone being a re-reg of the poster Boggles. Beasty, as moderator, deleted posts and gave out warnings, one of which was to me. I questioned , over pm, what I had done as I had absolutely no idea. Beasty was quite irate and pretty much accused me of feigning innocence, I have pointed out how he/she/they was mistaken ( in my opinion) and he/she/they were still having none of it and then tried accusing me of potentially attempting to doxx someone, which isn't possible for very obvious reasons if you were following the thread, and of being uncivil to someone by mentioning their name, which is taking my post out of the context of the discussion. I have pointed out that my post was actually 2 and a half hours before the purported re-reg appeared on Boards.

I deserve an apology from Beasty but do not expect one, I will however request that the warning given in the wrong is removed. Beasty pretty much attempted the old "well if you promise not to do it again I will remove it" routine but as I pointed out, I didn't do it and he/she/they made a mistake.

I will say that dealing with hundreds of posters is an onerous task and I fully understand that an occasional mistake can and will happen but when it is pointed out a moderator shouldn't be allowed to move the goalposts or double down.

Posts 3273 to 3282 are the relevant posts, my deleted post would have been 3283 two and a half hours before the new poster appeared.

If you need my permission to go in and read my PMs with Beasty, you have it.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sorry for the delay CrazyEric.

Pinging @ancapailldorcha as the CA CMod.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi CrazyEric,

I can look into this for you. Can you either forward your PMs with the mod to me or post them here?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭CrazyEric

I added you to the conversation. Does this allow you to see everything?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yes. I'll have a proper look later. Thanks.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Hi CrazyEric,

I've reviewed this and I'm upholding the warning. It has been a longstanding rule on this site that posters should not discuss other posters. The post for which you received a warning definitely violates this rule. Beasty offered to remove the warning if you would agree to refrain from such discussion in future but for some reason you refused.

Let me know if you'd like an admin to take a look

ACD

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement