Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTB Website login issues

Options
  • 16-11-2023 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

I have tried login into the RTB website for a couple of days. When I click on 'My account' I just get 'Forbidden - You don't have permission'.

I have tried this on an older laptop, a new laptop and my android phone. All the same result! I called them and got someone completely unhelpful and lacking in any knowledge, who said use google chrome end of conversation. I am using Macs, with safari and firefox, which are not that rare last I looked.

Their site is very fussy looking and poorly laid out, but am just wondering are others finding these issue with this site for logging in?

They will no doubt blame the landlord...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Go read the reviews on Google or Trustpilot, you will find your answer for anything to do with this shower.

I had to register a lady that stayed in my property for 5 months, got a sum of letters and threats, that I wasn't registered etc. Turns out it was someone that had moved from my property 18 months prior, I could not register at the time, as the website etc was completely useless. Tried arguing and provided proof, but kept getting different people all the time. Eventually just paid the e180 to be done with it-now, get this, instead of listing that tenancy as ended, they listed that as ongoing, and listed the current, paid tenancy as ended-for the love of God, you couldn't make it up. I ten had to spend all day Monday trying to get in touch with them, while on hold, their phone cut out twice, one guy cut me off and said to talk to someone else, he didn't want to deal with it, finally I got someone that was able to help, a bit.

Sorry I'm of no help, but no matter how useless something in this world is, we can always find something worse, that would be the RTB and the people that work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭themoone

Another one with issues with the RTB registration. The staff there don't know the law, unhelpful and a lot of the time make a total dogs dinner of it. And as you say in the end pass their work on to you and blame you as well for the 40Euro that we pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

If it helps anyone their official response is - Their website wont work on mobile devices or apple products. You should use windows and google Chrome only. That's unbelievable in this day and age that their website is so restrictive! However I tried doing this on my wife's work computer and it still didn't work!! At a loss here...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 burtner

Awful Company. i feel this shambolic setup should be dissolved. I have sent them a notice of termination of a lease 6 weeks ago and they still have not confirmed with me nor my tenant that the tenancy is ending. I phoned them and got through to an Indian Lady from a call center that didnt know what I was talking about. I have just gone to trustpilot and left negative review, I suggest everyone else does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭themoone

@burtner check if the tenancy is registered. It seems that if it is not renew annually then it is automatically terminated!!. In addition a formal complaint usually works and if not then the Ambudsman that gets them moving and sorts out the messes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement