Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 Captains poll

Options
  • 16-11-2023 10:49am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Might be the most open poll in a while.

GW13 Captains poll 48 votes

Haaland(LIV)
    54% 26 votes
    Salah(mci)
    16% 8 votes
    Bowen(bur)
    6% 3 votes
    Palmer(new)
    0% 0 votes
    Saka(bre)
    2% 1 vote
    Son(AST)
    12% 6 votes
    Watkins(tot)
    2% 1 vote
    Other - mention in thread
    6% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yup, missed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Currently on Haaland but I really don't like captaining anyone in the early KO. Maybe Haaland is the exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I probably have a lot of confirmation bias here as non-Haaland owner, but is he really the best captaincy shot this week?

Man City are great at home alright, P5 W5, averaging 2.6 goals per game) but this is their first 12.30 KO so we don't know how they will adapt to that. Also, Liverpool are not exactly bad defensively and have conceded the least amount of goals in the league so far this season. That said, they have conceded 80% of their goals, and have yet to keep a CS, away from home.

I do think there will be goals alright. There has been a lot of goals in this fixture in general, it doesn't scream 1-0 sort of game. I would have picked Salah, because Liverpool have created the highest open play xG in the league, but Salah is not scoring away from home apart from the Brighton game. He is generally assisting away from home.

I had my eye on eye on Bowen as I think Burnley might play into West Hams counter attacking hands, and Bowen has 6 G & 1 A in 6 away games, but that 'injury' and the fact he doesn't haul massively has me re-thinking it but could still end up wearing the band come the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Lecter8319

Ive gone Isak, its a bit risky with him coming back from injury but if hes ready, I think he'll get a few against a dodgy Chelsea defence

I think that's a terrible decision but it's one that could rocket you up the ranking if it pays off. Good luck with it, love to see someone with a pair of balls

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Saka - not scoring from play. Away to a well structured defensive team. But might be on penalties, if the game is 0-0 or he hasn't scored at the time.

Son - missing his creative hub and playing a good villa side. But playing against a very high line which he is very capable of exploiting. Good record against Villa. Might have penalties.

Salah - has a great record of scoring in big games and against Man City, home and away. Takes penalties. But he is not scoring as much away from home this season. Toughest fixture of the season.

Haaland - is Haaland and is capable of hauling in every fixture. On penalties. But playing against a better Liverpool defence than is given credit for

Watkins - hit & miss. Playing against a depleted Spurs defence, who might play a high line which he could exploit. Not on pens and Villa are not great away from home.

Nunez - captain chaos. He could score or a brace or miss a 6 yard sitter. He is returning nearly every game now but is not guaranteed the start because of early KO after international break / fixture. Dovetails with Salah very well.

Bowen - has scored in every away game so far this season and is playing away to a bad Burnley style who will commit to their playing style. The game will suit West Ham counter attacking style. Injury doubt and won't play the 90, even if he does start, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Think I’d go with Son if I had him but I’ll go with Watkins.

That game could end up 4-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

Solanke for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Lecter8319

Solanke with 64% goal involvement for Bournemouth and he was no piece of three goals

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have seen this sentiment in many places, but not quite sure I understand it. We have only once conceded more than 1 goal since GW4 and for all the talk about high line etc, Spurs will be weaker placed without Maddison and their passing CBs to break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Nothing to do with me guv. Just passing on what my brain told me.

And whilst I don’t always agree with my brain I do on this occasion.

8 points (Saka) isn’t too high a bar this week in any case. Any kind of return for both Son and Watkins and they’re basically standing with all the other top candidates for the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Both teams should have scored already

Think a lot will be made again of Villa’s high line being vulnerable. The same one that caught Son and Spurs offside again and again. Soon enough someone’s eventually gonna exploit it and the naysayers will have been right all along. (not directed at anyone on here but you can’t listen to a minute of Villa FPL content these days without hearing it.)

Advertisement