Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Bailout !

Options
  • 15-11-2023 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

I was following this on the radio ( RTE) around them needing a bailout to the tune of 40M

For a state-funded broadcaster who also charges everyone 160 a year

I hope im not the only one who thinks this is bonkers.

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,923 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The bailout is €56 million im reading…

it charges many of us €160 a year for the license fee. Plus all it’s commercial revenue streams… so….

RTÉ has previously estimated it loses €65 million a year to licence fee evasion, which had stood at 15% prior to the recent controversy.

must be time to do away with the concept of a license fee and start working a way to make the money another way… a more collectible way… a direct tax makes sense… nobody really has no tv these days..

I don’t know a single human in the country who doesn’t have a TV…..

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Just mad to be fair. I mean, I am for the state broadcaster to be running, but the costs are shocking.

And no, another " temporary" tax like the USC would not be great !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

There's already an rte thread in CA, you can discuss that there, so closing this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement