Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is having likes of Nord VPN a good thing?

Options
  • 15-11-2023 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not the best with tech things so looking for advice/answers on a few things.I was in the States last year and wanted access to GAAGO for streaming GAA games so realised you had to download a VPN to make that possible.Have a feeling my subscription was automatically carried onto this year but cant see the email confirming this,typically what roughly should you be paying monthly for Nord VPN in a private capacity?

What are the advantages to having a VPN?.....is it not a bit like you are hiding your location etc?

Thanks for any quick explanation of how VPN work and whether they are useful to have or not......and at what cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

You can set and mask your location by using the likes of Nord. Very handy for getting cheap xbox games/subs, Netflix, youtube etc.

I'm based in the UK and did have to use such to get RTE player to work. Also I believe "dodgy" TV services are being restricted a lot now and likely require a VNP client to function.

Oh that reminded me to cancel my nord, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I got a black Friday deal a few years ago for Nord, which worked out at about €3pm for 3 years. It's due to finish soon and am considering checking out ProtonVPN instead, as I use ProtonMail.

Advertisement