Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my chances of redeployment or progression with all thats going on in the HSE?

Options
  • 15-11-2023 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey working as a Clerical officer for a good while now. Have not settled in my position, I have no interest and given no incentive to care,and the department and its antiquated ways are never going to change. It's not a nice atmosphere and its somewhere where nobody looks happy walking around. I'd LOVE to move or progress to a Grade 4 and maybe a more interesting post. What are my chances though with the recruitment freeze and all that's going on currently? Unlike the Civil Service there is no mobility here. Should I perhaps look for another public sector position like council or dept of education or finance etc etc or hang tough and suck it up? Not looking for arguments just advice. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sekond

If you have Clerical Officer experience you could apply for the open CO or EO posts in the Civil Service - the competitions come up fairly regularly. If you were successful, sometimes having two options helps clarify your own thoughts (e.g. will I take a risk on this new job or would I prefer to stay where I am?)

Mind you, no more than any large organisation, you might come up against similar issues in the Civil Service or a Council - some areas are dynamic and keen to develop and want to help people progress, others, not so much. The advantage of the civil service is that there is a good mobility process there, and you have more opportunity to move on if you don't like the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Harryhol

Thank you, yes I know there are really no guarantees no matter where you go in the public sector. The whole process of placement is a joke. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for new possibilities but yeah it drags you down the longer you are stuck in a job like this. It's a pity there is no mobility especially when you could end up somewhere that is simply a bad fit.

Advertisement