Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Store direct purchase

Options
  • 15-11-2023 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hiya has anyone recently bought directly from the Lenovo store? I think it ships from Netherlands? They have some good deals but the Trustpilot reviews are shocking, many of these are GB reviews which I assume come from the same supplier. Lots of delays, issues getting refunds etc. Would love to know what experiences are before I buy thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The laptop i am typing this on was bought from Lenovo directly back in May. No issues at all. Cant remember where it shipped from but it got here in a couple of days. My previous laptop was also bought direct from them with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I bought a Laptop for my daughters Xmas present a few years back ... it arrived DOA. Took months to sort out a refund. I think their commercial arm is called Digital River or something .... absolutely never again. Terrible customer service. I agree with the Trust Pilot reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Yeah, the reviews are probably the worst I've ever read for a seller but I bought a phone from them last year without any issues. Haven't needed support from them since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Thanks, yes the Trustpilot reviews were shocking. Trying to decide if its worth the risk. How did you get the refund in the end, through your bank or did Lenovo eventually pay up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

ive bought a (personal) laptop in the last month, and a phone in the past from them. no issues.

lenovo support seems to be as easy to use as dell? never had a DOA. cant comment.

not sure how you quantify the risk, but IMO its no different then any other vendor when purchsed online. i mean you cant walk into a dell or apple store in town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Just to update on this for anyone else thinking of buying direct, bought a Lenovo YogaPad late November and it shipped very quickly (3 days I think) plus it was a great price, so I'd buy again. Obviously if it had been a DOA it might have been a different experience. I did use their helpdesk to enquire on delivery date and they were helpful, so all in all a good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

I got a laptop from them. Had a row of dead pixels on arrival. Nightmare getting it returned. Took hours on the phone on hold. They then couldn't recognise eircode for courier to collect, and wouldn't process without a postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭quartz1

I bought a desktop from them about 18 months ago at a good price for the spec. After i had made the transaction i read all the poor reviews and immediately regretted it. However it turned up quickly and i had no complaints

Advertisement