Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tent recommendations

Options
  • 14-11-2023 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just joined as a leader and planning some overnights in new year. Just wondering what people use for 1 person tent or what you would recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I have an MSR Hubba Hubba, it's technically a two person backpacking tent but it's very comfortable for one person for a standing camp and very lightweight. If you absolutely have to go for a one man, they do a Freelite and an Elixir that are 1 man.

If it's camping rather than backpacking you're doing, the extra space in the two man will be very welcome - for your gear and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Thanks, will have a look....I was going to go for 2 person just for the space

In terms of what we will be doing? mostly 1-2 over nights camping trips is the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Then yeah, go for the extra bit of space, it'll be worth it. Also something that I do if it's just an 1-2 overnight in a campsite, comfort is king so I bring pillows and extra layers for underneath. It's not like you have to carry it all up a hill so might as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Back in the day when I was a leader and went on the three day Mountain Pursuit Challenges I lugged around a Vango Viper which was a great little tent. It was sold as a two person tent but comfortable for one with loaded rucksack.

It had a porch that was just big enough to cook in when lying down in the tent changed into dry clothes watching the scouts - it usually rained or snowed on any I did 😊

Weight is important when you are carrying everything you needfor a couple of days and the Viper was only just over a Kilo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement