Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A2 rated new build - cold air coming in the kitchen extractor fan

Options
  • 14-11-2023 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place for the question. As described in the title we have a brand new house A2 rated and is nice and warm with Air to Water heat pump. But since the temperature has gone down Ive noticed a cold draft around the extractor fan. Is this as expected? It seems crazy that with all the insulation that we just have a hole in the side of the house letting air come in freely through the fan into the kitchen.

I have no clue about such things but I searched this problem and found others suggesting a Manrose Cowl Vent (https://www.screwfix.ie/p/manrose-cowl-vent-white-100-x-100mm/16195) for bathroom vents with the same problem. I've no idea what this thing does so I'm going to need to do more research.

But in the mean time can anyone give any input into whether a) this is normal/expected for a kitchen vent? and b) if not what can be done to stop the cold air from coming in?

Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement