Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS VR2 Repair (cable)

Options
  • 14-11-2023 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I snagged the cable on my VR2, pulling the USB connector out completely. Does anyone know where I can go to get the cable replaced? (repair is probably not an option). I tried Lawless Bros in Malahide as they fixed my PS4 before but they said they can't fix it and to contact Sony Repairs. I've tried that but I'm constantly on hold so starting to think they don't exist.

If anyone knows of placed that can perform these repairs, I would greatly appreciate it. It feels like a simple cable replacement job.

Cheers

Wayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd say Sony is your only option at this point. The breakdown video below shows that the cable is definitely replaceable, albeit kinda finnicky and lots of parts to remove from the headband section of the headset (teardown does the scope first, the headband teardown starts around 8:45). But it doesn't look like the cables are available yet. They made it easier to fix, but haven't released parts yet, by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wayne Leone

Thanks! Appreciate the reply.

I struggle to put the cap back on a bottle - imagine trying to put that puppy back together? :))

I managed to get through eventually to the Sony repairs dept and they sent me instructions to ship the headset + controllers back.

They said most likely they send you back a replacement (refurbished unit + paired controllers) that have a 3 month warranty. Cost is €300 :(

Cheers

Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dayum... that's not great. Mental note to be extra careful with my own.

Advertisement