Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI Banking365 can't pay bills, Error!

Options
  • 14-11-2023 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭

Just trying to pay my Eir bill online something I must have done over a hundred times before and whatever I do I get an error message at the top of the screen in a red box saying (iirc) "this cannot be blank" yet there is nothing to fill in and nothing missing on the previous screen.

Is it just me?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Whats up with boards? Can't edit my post above?

Error msg is actually "! may not be empty"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

IIRC, If you create a thread and need to edit the first post, you click on the thread title.

An update. Still have the problem, paid bills in the post office.

Have been on to BoI support and they don't have a clue - never seen/heard of it before. Already tried several different browsers (desktop win 10) and get the same error. Support should get back to me in the next couple of days. When I get a chance I'll try on another computer. Can't use mobile as I have no coverage at home and have a PSK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Are they listed as a payee and saved , click on the page fill in amount is correct.

Any blockers on pc causing issue and not loading correctly.

Same bills I've been paying online for at least 10 years and for the last 5 on the same computer.

I will however check ad blockers as to get around youtubes new ad campaign I've been using Fadblocker (works).

• Advertisement

Not sure if once or twice i had to delete the app off pc and download a fresh copy and setup again and i was lucky not too many payees and like you on one pc.

No app, just using the web interface like I have for years. Didn't check if it was Fadblocker causing any problems as I get the same issue with a very "open" version of Opera (by open I mean most of the security switched off so I can use it to connect to the web interface on old routers).

I also use Opera and it comes with a built in Adblocker.

I googled Fadblocker and no results .

Double check as nearly sure windows 10 uses an App for BOI.

Sometimes Apps need updating to run newer security and have issues on old ones , did they not mention it to you?

I would also imagine your pc was scanned for bugs and nothing popped up.

Definitely no app. This it the old fashioned log into a web page with your security info, use the PSK for added security and you are in.

Ran a full scan of Malwarebytes a couple of days back, nothing.

But thanks for reminding me of the adblocker in opera I'll check that out. Still haven't tried a second PC yet. Might even go as far as using M$ Edge :-(

Tried Edge same.

Now I did try another payee and that worked. Tried some other and they were all OK. So now its just Eir thats not working. Probably just needs the payee deleting and re adding?

OK so got to the bottom of it.

Its Eir's fault! LOL They have changed their banking details and have sent everyone a letter to amend their payment details.

BoI say they've now had a load of calls from people who have not had a letter and to call Eir for the updated details. I'll wait for a bit and see if a letter actually arrives.

NOTE: It would be great if a Mod could alter the title to say "BoI Banking365: Error paying Eir bills online". Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,359 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, give that story to Conor Pope in the Irish Times. He has catalogued a long litany of cockups by Eir customer service.

cpope at irishtimes.com

Well you got to the bottom of it by doing more checks and not cheques lol.

Advertisement