Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Primary PME-when should I apply?

Options
  • 13-11-2023 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hoping to apply for a post primary PME (science related) but unsure what the best route is?

For example, applying for the Feb'24 intake for Hibernia, or waiting until September for the other Universities (Maynooth, UCD, UL).

I've also heard whispers that the PME may be shortened to 1 year rather than 2 but haven't heard any further information on this, only that all options are being considered by the education minister.

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I wouldn't hold out hope on it being shortened. There have been whispers about that since it was lengthened 10 years ago.

It's up to you really. Would you prefer to do the Hibernia course or one of the in person courses? Do you want to do block placement or college and placement concurrently?

Advertisement