Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 13 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 13-11-2023 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at Solanke in for Darwin, will facilitate getting in James and Son before GW19 WC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Would White to Saliba be a sideways transfer? I haven't heard anything about how bad White's injury is. Should have just gone with Saliba anyway on wildcard instead of trying to overthink it. If I'd gone that route, I'd still have Tsimikas too. It's amazing how one 50/50 call in FPL can have a cascade effect spanning several gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Son out for bowen maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saw a bit of MOTD last night...that new Chelsea full back looked decent...very attacking and on set pieces... didn't catch his name properly.... something like James Reece I think 🤔

Anyone know anything about him??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea he gets hauled off earlier in games as he's made of glass, and who knows if he'll play the easier games in order to protect him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have Nketiah that needs moving on and not sure what to do with Son now that Maddison is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking at Mitoma out possibly.

He's not really returning, and Brighton are not exactly piling in the goals (4 goals in PL 4 games, including playing Fulham, Everton, Sheff Utd). Mitoma himself is sitting out the international break with one of those 'injuries' - basically designed to give him a rest. But he had one of those during the last break too and while he has played 90,90,90,90,90,45 in the resulting games, he is being overworked with the Brighton injuries so his game is being limited.

Unsure of whether to move to a Mbuemo type player, or to go down to a Palmer/fodder and load up the cash ITB to fund the Haaland transfer in a week or two. Have Salah, Son, Saka, Bowen as the other MIDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Torn on which of Darwin or Watkins to move on. Watkins is nailed while Darwin could miss 13 & 15. Darwin with the easier fixtures but Watkins possible captain for 18

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Lecter8319

Why not both, go top heavy with a strikeforce of Darwin, Watkins & Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Maybe I missed something, why would Darwin miss GW13 & 15?

COULD!

International break this week, he hasn't started the last two he has come back from. GWs 14, 15 & 16 are within 6 days of each other, so given Liverpool's attacking front 5 I'd guess he'll miss at least one, GW15 being the most likely IMO, Sheffield away

• Advertisement

That's exactly where I am but to fund the transfers I want over the next 5 GWs one of them needs to go. I think Solanke is a captaincy option this week and has super fixtures up to GW18, so its a matter of deciding which goes

Nunez won't miss 13 & 15, unless he gets injured. He might only play 30 mins in those games, but he will still play. He's first choice CF for Klopp now and has started 4 of the last 5 PL games. The 1 game he didn't start was the 12.30 KO after the last international break.

He might not start 13, but he will play a good portion of minutes in it and playing 30 mins might actually suit him better than playing 60 mins. More space, exploit gaps with his pace late on and won't have to do as many of the doggy runs as Gakpo would have done earlier in the game. FWIW, he has 1 G & 1 A in his last 3 sub appearances, all comps.

The Liverpool 5 forwards are going to be rotated into the 3 spots for the busy schedule, we just have to accept that really.

But given all that is Watkins not a better option with his security of starts? He's started all 12 and has 9 X 90 minutes

Edit: I'm very on the fence over which to lose, just arguing out whats going on in my head

Watkins definitely has security of minutes alright, but does he have the fixtures?

Nunez fixtures of Man City, Fulham, Sheff Utd, Palace, Man Utd are actually quite attractive there IMO, even if it is only 3 starts from 5, I would think he plays around 300 mins combined in those.

Watkins probably plays 410 mins in the same time (Spurs, Bournemouth, Man City, Arsenal, Brentford) and a couple of those games will suit him counter attacking. The Man City & Arsenal games being 3 days apart would worry me though, and I own him! You're hoping for a big result in the Bournemouth game here for Watkins tbf. It's probably worth doing out a comparison of expected points, and minutes, per game over the next 5 or 6.

I think both clubs should qualify for Europe KOs before the last group stage too, so potential resting there too.

Nunez gets a lot of stick for missed chances, but Watkins has missed more big chances (12 v 10). for what it's worth, Haaland has missed the most on 13!

One other thing to keep in the back of your mind, is that is GW20 (i think it is), the AFCON starts so Liverpool will be without Salah. There is no other senior RW, so Diaz might move over there. Ben Doak and Szobozlai are the other options, but a couple of those will means that Gakpo/Jota move to LW thus freeing up Nunez for the CF. It's a long time away yet though, but might influence long term decision making.

I'm WCing in 19 so it's just to 18.

Their predicted points are close for that period, there's nothing in it really but I would agree that Darwin is more likely to get 20 points in one of those easy games, whether Watkins might just tick along

What it might come down to value, I bought Watkins at 7.9 and Darwin at 7.4 so I have value tied up in Watkins and I think he'll be my GW18 C.

I don't think it's a decision I'll beat myself up over if it goes against me.

FWIW I think Darwin will be an incredible pick without Salah. I'm almost looking forward to the day they sell Salah just to see what Darwin can do as the main man

2 goals for Nunez last night, so he is coming back with form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

IB not good to me with 5 now flagged

May have to take a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks like Mitoma and Bowen injured for me off the break. Might do a double swap to Palmer and Saka

GW's piling up means any injury could miss two games a week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mitoma to Mbuemo. But need to free up the money. Cash to 4.7m defender. Or else Alvarez/Watkins to Darwin but that doesn’t really sound appealing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking at Douglas Luiz and Alvarez out for Eze and Solanke.

Possibly not the best week to be taking a hit but have had 4 weeks of grey arrows so need something to lift the boredom/meh....even a red arrow would be something different at this stage 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looking at the same 2 in for Son and Nketiah, might bring in Gibbs-White instead of Eze..

Mitoma appears in this training video for Brighton anyways. Individual, or team, training we don't know but he is there. That Andy Naylor BHA Athletic reporter seems to like telling a few fibs about Brighton players - he said on Monday he was likely to miss weekend. He was caught out during the summer too.

I sold Mitoma last night either way, and brought in Mbeumo but I am having regret over now and I think I would prefer Eze.

Bowen looking more promising now too. Might stick with the original plan and leave the two of them in there. Bowen in particular has a lovely run and with Antonio proper injured Bowen would be the obvious guy to play up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Wouldn’t take the hit there I’d just go Alvarez to Solanke. Not sure I fancy Eze to outscore Luiz by 4 just this week. Eze has rotten fixtures soon too so it’s a very short term move I think.

A lot of WH forums are suggesting it's not as bad as feared, we'll know more with the press conference later hopefully. A good week to delay transfers anwyay with him and Mitoma

A bit more positive on Bowen.

I think he will start. But do I captain him, in a tough week for captaincy?

Best 4.6m defender? I already have Guehi and Tsimikas.

I'd like Pinnock but his upcoming blank is a problem.

Lascelles seems the next best option. I'm assuming he's pretty much nailed on?

Fulham and Wolves have nice fixtures but not typically great at the back, not this season anyway.

Lascelles might lose his place when Botman returns though, and that could be anytime soon, or long term. Howe is being very cryptic on that. Staying with Newcastle, maybe Livramento?

Coufal / WHU defender maybe? They have decent fixtures coming up and against some sides that don't score much. But WHU are not keeping any clean sheets so there's that. But again, they have the fixtures coming up to start getting some.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Yeah, Howe was very cryptic on Botmans injury. Damn. Doesn't sound like he'll be back immediately though. I would be all over Livramento but Hall started ahead of him last GW. I need as close to a 100% starter as possible, as I have a bad bench.

I already have Areola so prefer not to double up on WHU.

Maybe Maguire, lol! But United's fixtures not great. I don't fancy Villa's fixtures too, as Konsa could be an option.

Pinnock is the stand out option to me. Perhaps I just stomach their upcoming blank and work around it. Still 5 games to go until then.

Advertisement