Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain how sports classes work in DI competitions?

Options
  • 12-11-2023 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a horse for myself and I'm looking for a schoolmaster type of a horse that knows more than I do. This means the horse could potentially be graded quite high (i.e. have a lot of points) meaning that I would be able to compete on this horse only in sports classes on lower levels (with Dressage Ireland). For instance, if the horse had points equivalent to Advanced Medium but I'd like to compete let's say in Elementary, I would need to do so in sports classes.

Now the question; what does this mean in practice? Do all DI competitions have sports classes or are those few and far between? Or could I compete in any competition and just declare in advance that I'm competing as a sports combination thus not eligible for potential prize money? I'm just trying to understand implications to competing with Dressage Ireland if I was to buy a schoolmaster type of a horse.

I'd really appreciate if someone could clarify this topic. Thanks!

Advertisement