Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 5008 problems

Options
  • 12-11-2023 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hoping to trade in current car for a Peugeot 5008 (GT line, 1.6 diesel, 2018 or 2019 model). Three full seats are the main selling point for me. However, I've heard that 5008 model can cause alot of problems, car will be out of 5 yr manufacturers warranty. Anyone have an problems with 2018/2019 models, please share any experience, positive and negative!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Buy one from a Windsor dealer, get a 3 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Bad experience of the 3008, gtline, 2019. Wouldn't own one without a warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mrperty2011

Have had Peugeot 5008 Active 1.5 Blue HDI 192 for over a year. Problems have experienced on 2 occasions is Engine malfunction limp mode

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

My 2020 5008 has been off the road for the guts of 10 weeks since new. High Milage Service Engineer kms , approx 150k since Jul 20.

3 times in 16 months it has been in the garage all times related to AdBlue sensors and Engine issues.

Really sick of it now, this was my 4 Peugeot as had 3 * 508 Estates before this and it is definitely my last Peugeot.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Back Home

• Advertisement

Yes, One or Two Adblue and DPF issues with each of them. I like my 5008 , like the size and the look of it but loosing the love a little. My 1.5HDI is underpowered in my opinion which does not help.

So since I have added this comment, another Adblue issue. Normal warning light came on, added 5L, did not register after 2 days of driving. Added another 5L as was still counting down, still did not register. Brought to main garage to resolve again, 2 days gone. Sick to the back teeth with this. Got is back and engine warning light on again. Never again will I buy a Peugeot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Same here with a Peugeot 3008 petrol. Error after fault after error after fault. Never ending. Not helped by a dealer with attitude (what's new). My first and last Peugeot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭User1998

All cars get Adblue issues. Just get it programmed out for a couple of hundred quid. Unless your still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Any data point on how common these issues are?

anything positive about the car ? 😂

😎

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Who do you use to map it out?

I tried to get the adblue mapped out for a friend with one of these **** heaps --ad blue problems since day 1 - Injector replaced, adblue control module replaced, adblue tank replaced all under warranty and the light came back on again with the count down stuck at 800kms even with a full tank of adblue - I just keep resetting it with my diagnostic but its only lasting a couple of weeks before it starts counting down again and getting stuck at the 800kms mark.

Its now out of warranty so I told him to get it mapped out.

The lad I usually use doesnt have the software for the Peugeot yet for some strange reason - hes usually really good with remaps.

Id appreciate it if you could pm me the name of the company.

Thanks.

Post edited by Hellrazer on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭User1998

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cowboy dealer mentality.

Why do you think the Adblue system is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭GavPJ

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

To be fair my mate went through hell with his one and did everything by the book. The entire ad blue system was replaced under warranty and within months of the warranty being out the problem started again. Ad blue light flashing showing 800 kms to empty even with the ad blue tank full when it should read 2400 kms to empty.

I carry out a service bay reset on the ad blue system and it lasts a few weeks. Then starts again. And if you know Peugeots they shut down when the ad blue counter reaches zero and only a Peugeot dealer can restart them which I cant do for him if it does shut down - my diagnostic wont do it. Its an absolute pain to diagnose - I suspect the ad blue injector again but its reading the correct flow rate on the diagnostic.

I know all cars have issues with ad blue but Peugeots and Opels seem to have more than their fair share of problems with it - probably because they are sharing engines and parts now.

My only real option is to try map it out. Either that or start throwing his money at it.

Its not a cowboy dealer mentality and truthfully I wouldnt do it for a dealership customer - its more of just getting the car to run without issue for a friend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's clearly troublesome but mapping it out will just make it dirtier for others presumably?

Believe me if I could sort this once and for all in the correct way Id have no hesitation in doing so.

Its one of those head melting cars that everyone that works in the trade has that just never seems to want to be repaired and stay repaired.

Its like my nemesis as this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Looks like the 5008s bought in 2020 and 2021 have almost retained their entire value.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

almost exact same here ..... 3008 (diesel) , went into limp mode , dealers garage identified injectors, replaced, was ok for a while, went into limp mode, 2 injectors identified, replaced, ok for a while , went into limp mode, one of the previously replaced injectors was at fault. Changed it, sold it, never go Peugeot again ...

It is a company car under warranty so not an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Back Home

I think I'll stick to Toyota or Korean petrol cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Have owned a 2012 HDI Active 1.6 for 9 years now, bought with full dealer service history.

Nothing bar wear and tear issues, now heading for 276k kms. Hoping to keep it for another year before going 'leccy.

The only ball ache I've had with nit is the rather delicate wheels. Dented one and had it repaired but bought a spare anyway.

For consistency I just copied my text from my post in Dec above. Full service done again on the car last week. This morning , another Adblue issue. Normal warning light came on, added 5L, did not register after 150km of driving. Added another 2L as was still counting down, still did not register. Bringing back to main garage to resolve again in the morning. Since July 21 this car has has a full fuel system and tank and 4 new adblue sensors all covered under warranty. Joke of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beeker1

My sympathies , nothing worse than spending good money after bad ! A car with just 150k requiring all that work should be unloaded , a year from now you'll be pissing more good money away ! What you're gonna spend will get you Steely Dan tickets for Manchester in the summer ! Cut your losses , the used car market has never been more vibrant , unload it against something that may cost a little more now but in the long run will stand to you !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newcarsmell

hey, can you send it on to me too pls & tks

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Opel have been very problematic for the last decade. Have they got worse or better, now that they all Peugeot (engines etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 newcarsmell

hey, would you mind sending me on the details of who can do this tks

Advertisement