Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Access Applications for Ireland Military Pensions And Medals 1916-1922

Options
  • 11-11-2023 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi all:

I have a reference for a non-sucessful application for Pension/Military Medal 1916-1922 but cant find the application on Military Archives.ie.

I've tried (I think) all options to search for the file but cant find it. Am I missing something or are unsucessful applications not available on Military Archives.ie.?

Thanks

EDIT: I might have found the reason:

Search Medals Series Database

CANNOT FIND A FILE?

- Close to 14,000 Service (1917-1921) Medals were awarded to veterans who unsuccessfully claimed for service pensions. These files belong to the Pension Series and are not available for research at this time. 

- If your relative was awarded a service pension, a medal was issued to them automatically. In this case, no MD file would have been created for them.

Advertisement