Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Road to a Million

Options
  • 10-11-2023 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,254 ✭✭✭✭

Can't find a thread on this...

Thought the first episode a tad boring but then became a little bit addictive - binging it probably helps

Though they seem to be mainly concentrating on 2 contestants - only half way through but enjoying it

This must have cost Amazon a fortune to produce with the licencing, all the locations and obvious paying off of closing stuff down for filming, then the prize of a million for any couple that finishes!

Reviews go from the worst thing ever to great TV (even The Guardian hated it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,254 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Damn can't edit first post - the two sisters couldn't even follow the simple directions for the first prize made me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

I’m liking this. The brothers are entertaining. Hubby & wife and the crane. No way I’d do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Do not watch this.... utterly sh!t...

Fair play to Brian Cox for hiding the wine bottle in his little basement, everything was so bad.

Did the Broccoli's actually sign off on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Did the Broccoli's actually sign off on this?

Yes, they are listed as executive producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I enjoyed it. Thought the two London brothers took a good approach to the questions, talking through all the potential answers at length when they didn't immediately know the answer worked well in their favour a couple of times.

The Northern Irish father and son didn't do too badly the dad just forgot that

80's fashion in Ireland lagged behind the US so clothes that looked like 80's Ireland were actually 70's America.

It'd be some opportunity to take part though, given how difficult the €500k tasks were, you get the feeling it'd take some doing to get to the million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Aye @Sleepy seems like it'd take some sort of Krypton Factor expert in trivia to win it!

I enjoyed that the questions were a bit out of left field. The Bond link is tenuous, they need to be pitching this at Game Show fans, it is more like an outdoor Crystal Maze type series.

I mean if the scuba diving, absailing nurses couldn't win it, someone would need a particular set of skills to do so :)

Who were they nurses for, the SAS???

Bit unfair to be asked that last question while freezing in a blizzard on top of a mountain in Switzerland, but that's the show!

I was glad the London brothers walked away with a significant prize, they were great craic.

And yeah, that's a good point about the dad over-thinking the fashion angle. The ties looked so naff to me I thought must be 70s America.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement